Springtime doesn’t always mean sweet-smelling flowers and warmer days, especially for dog owners who dread the season of rain and mud. Luckily, there are several tips and products retailers can offer that can help combat or remediate the mess.
Debris-trapping doormats such as the Clean Step Mat (http://www.ontelproducts.com/?portfolio=clean-step-mat) and the Dirty Dog Doormat by Dog Gone Smart (http://dgspetproducts.com/pages/dirty-dog-doormats) help to stop some of the mess right at the door.
Water-resistant furniture covers, like those by SureFit (http://www.surefit.net/shop/categories/sofa-loveseat-and-chair-slipcovers-furniture-throws/waterproof-furniture-cover.cfm#), allow Fido to get on the couch without allowing dirt and water to seep into the cushions. Additionally, for consumers who like to drive into the great outdoors with their pets, car seat covers like those by Kurgo (www.kurgo.com) can help keep auto interiors clean.
Dog Care Stations: Consumers can also create cleaning stations in a mudroom or near the entryway they use most with their pets. Some items to keep in these areas are:
- Pet Wipes, like Paw and Body Wipes by Pet Head (http://www.pethead.com/)
- Super-absorbent towels, such as Mugzy’s Mutt Towel (http://www.yogarat.com/collections/pet-towels) or ShamWow (https://www.shamwow.com)
- Boot/shoe tray – a great spill-proof place to have Fido stand while he gets cleaned up.
- Pet deodorizing spray – even if the pet is well-groomed, damp fur can have an unpleasant odor. A lightly scented pet deodorizing spray, like Fresh ‘N Clean (http://lambertkay.com/grooming/dog-grooming-aids-colognes/fresh-n-clean-cologne-sprays-fresh-floral-baby-powder-and-tropical-scents) or Burt’s Bees Deodorizing Spray with Apple and Eucalyptus (http://www.burtsbeespets.com), can reduce the smell until fur dries.
- Consumers with space may want to install a pet washing station, like those by Master Equipment (www.petedge.com), or a portable station such as the Booster Bath (http://boosterbath.com/).